Dragons are coming… I mean, Winter is coming.
Those of us who are ‘Game of Thrones’ fans have been counting down for a very long time for the start of the final season, and the time is nearly upon us! I’ve been re-watching the whole series again from the beginning (as I’m sure other people have been too!) in order to refresh myself ready for Sunday 14th April, and it gave me some inspiration for a belly paint, and I thought I would show you how I created it! And then while I was painting it, my latest bloggers box arrived containing the most beautiful set of fluorescent glitters from Superstar, so of course, I had to include them to finish the design off!
I stared out by using a filbert brush to create the egg shape in the middle with Cameleon Red Berry, blending with Superstar Old Red for a bit of shadowing around the base and Cameleon UV orange to highlight a little bit at the top. I then used a really big round brush to create the wing structure, using Global Rose Brown, because of the reddish tone it has to it. On a real bump you could make the egg much bigger and take the wigs right round the sides of the bump.
To create a bit of dimension on the wings, before they had a chance to dry, I used a small round brush and some DFX white to go over the centre of each strand, before taking my large round brush again, and going over the whole thing with Cameleon UV Red. Doing this while each colour is still wet just makes all the blending easier. I then used the Cameleon Red Berry again to fill in the wing ‘sections’.
Once the wings were dry, I used my tap 016 stencil to create some texture on the egg, which is also the stencil I use when I’m doing a dragon face paint. I graduated the colours from UV Yellow at the top, UV Orange in the middle, and UV Red at the base. For the wings I then used the full sized Bad Ass 6015 stencil with the UV Orange. I then took another large round brush and Superstar Shock complexion to create the little talons, and used global rose brown with the TFPS round flora 1 brush to slightly line each talon and create a little texture. Then I used some DFX black to outline each wing ‘section’, and blended it slightly with the TFPS large pencil brush.
To create the background, I worked from the middle outwards, blending Superstar Poison Green, DFX Dark Green, and Global Dark Blue.
To Finish off I added lots of tear drops using my PXP round 5 wherever I wanted to fill space. I then used the orange glitter from the Superstar Fluoro set on the very top of the dragon egg, and the green glitter just under each wing section
So there you go! A Game of Thrones inspired step by step belly art! If you have a go I would love to see how you get on so please tag me when you share any photo’s! If you have any Game of Thrones theories (I love a good theory!) or predictions please leave them below, equally if you have any questions or anything you would like me to write about in the future, let me know!
The Pixie Tribe