HOW TO SURVIVE NEW YEAR’S EVE
Have you agreed to face paint on New Year’s Eve? Here’s a guide to getting the most from your last and first booking of the year.
1. Set the highest rate possible or charge per face. PPF is highly profitable on New Year’s Eve when people are determined to have a good time, but don’t restrict yourself to face paint, glitter is always popular and, because it’s fast to apply, you can earn a decent amount in a shorter time.
2. Expect to be placed in a dark corner so pack a headtorch, okay it’s not the sexiest look but at least you’ll be able to see what you’re doing.
3. Keep your kit minimal – drunk people ALWAYS fall into your table or start picking up your pots of glitter, the less you have out the better.
4. Never let them put their drink in your kit. It’s amazing how many people try to do that!
5. Drunk people get very silly, most the time it’s good-humoured but it can get cranky. By all means paint the penis on the forehead if you really want to but you have the right to close your kit at any time.
6. Drunk people can be over-generous with their money, you will have to decide whether it’s ethical to accept their forty quid tip for ‘doing suchhhh a gooooood jobbbbbb darlinnnn’ or taking a fistful of tenners and coins with the words ‘here, do what you want and keep the change.’
7. If a design is rude, offensive or just too darn hard you can say no.
8. Parties can be great fun with a chance to meet new people, listen to live music and make connections. Take lots of photos, accept the drink offers and pack up before midnight so you get to enjoy yourself too.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!