We hope our tips and tricks over the past few weeks have been helping you all gain more business, we have loads more in store, but this week is all about LinkedIn.
If you are not using this amazing social networking site -you’re not in business!
Of all the social media sites, LinkedIn is, by far, the most business-oriented and it’s an essential place to establish a profile, not just for yourself, but also for your face painting business.
I think that’s fair to say that prospective customers and colleagues, especially in the business-to-business world, often check out your LinkedIn profile before doing business with you – corporate companies may often check out your face painting business profile on LinkedIn before they contact you, And LinkedIn recently introduced a feature specifically to help business owners: It added status updates to Company pages, so you can now update your LinkedIn followers about your company’s products and services – all for free!
LinkedIn is considered a social networking site for professionals. It helps to facilitate growth of networking connections online and build business contacts.
Here’s are some tips on ways to use LinkedIn to boost your business:
1. Develop a strong personal profile page. You’ll need a personal profile before you can create a LinkedIn page for your company.
A completed profile gets up to seven times more views than a skimpy one, according to LinkedIn. The site will prompt you to fill in more information, so don’t feel like you have to do it all in one go.
2. Create your business page. it’s extremely important to establish your company presence on LinkedIn as well as your personal profile. Click on the "Companies" tab on LinkedIn’s upper navigation bar and you’ll be taken to a page where you can either search for companies or add your face painting business.
3. Collect recommendations. Both your personal and company pages have places for people to make recommendations about doing business with you and share their experiences.
4. Update your status at least once a week. LinkedIn personal profiles and business pages have update functions, which are similar to status updates on Facebook. You can use them to post brief company-news updates, There is a LinkedIn app that you can download via Apple and Android making it easier to update your status on the go .
5. Join and participate in LinkedIn groups there is a fabulous group on LinkedIn that is called - Professional Face Painters, this is a great way to network with other face painters from around the world.
You can find us on LinkedIn here - http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=175238517&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
If you have any questions about this blog post or need help with LinkedIn, call or email us we will help in any way we can